PE and School Sport
At Hutton Rudby Primary School we keep the CHILD at the heart of everything we do, as we provide an education which will enable them to be lifelong learners, learn about how to have a healthy body and demonstrate determination and individual excellence.
We will “prepare our children for life in the big wide world” by giving them the knowledge and skills:
• develop the competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities including: gymnastics, dance, yoga and swimming
• be physically active for increasingly sustained periods of time
• engage in competitive sports and activities, both in school and against others
• have a healthy mind and body
• work both individually and within team
We use progression statements to guide our children through the curriculum, building on prior knowledge. The progression statement for PE can be found below.
Live it Get Active
All children in school will have Yoga for a term each year.
Extra Curricular and School Sport
We offer a wide range of extra curricular sports including:
Gymnastics Club .
Sports Week and Special Days
We are committed to broadening the experience of our pupils and giving them opportunities to take part in a wide range of sports and activities. Each year we organise a Sport Week, which gives our pupils the chance to take part in a wide range of activities. These have included laser shooting, wheelchair basketball, rock climbing, underground caving, dance, cheerleading, golf, skipping and boxing. We end our Sports Week each year with our Sports Day, which gives all our pupils the chance to represent their house in competitive competition.