Computing Intent Statement:
At Hutton Rudby Primary School we keep the CHILD at the heart of everything we do, as we provide an
education which will enable them to be lifelong learners as well as display individual excellence and the opportunity to demonstrate determination.
We will “prepare our children for life in the big wide world” by giving them the knowledge and skills to:
• Algorithms — Be able to comprehend, design, create, and evaluate algorithms
• Computer networks — Understand how networks can be used to retrieve and share information, and how they come with associated risks
• Computer systems — Understand what a computer is, and how its constituent parts function together as a whole
• Creating media — Select and create a range of media including text, images, sounds, and video
• Data and information — Understand how data is stored, organised, and used to represent real-world artefacts and scenarios
• Design and development — Understand the activities involved in planning, creating, and evaluating computing artefacts
• Effective use of tools — Use software tools to support computing work
• Impact of technology — Understand how individuals, systems, and society interact with computer systems
• Programming — Create software to allow computers to solve problems
• Safety and security — Understand risks when using technology, and how to protect individuals and systems
We use progression statements to guide our children through the curriculum, building on prior knowledge. The progression statement for Computing can be found below.