Design & Technology
Design and Technology Intent Statement:
At Hutton Rudby Primary School we keep the CHILD at the heart of everything we do. The children will develop their design skills and implement these into their individual, designer expression and creativity within their curriculum learning. The children will learn about the history of design, architecture and sculpture.
At Hutton Rudby Primary School children will:
• access a high-quality Design and Technology education that is inspiring, rigorous and practical.
• design and make products that solve real and relevant problems by considering their own and others’ needs, wants and values.
• acquire a broad range of subject knowledge, drawing on mathematics, science, engineering, computing and art.
• take risks, becoming resourceful, innovative, enterprising and capable citizens.
• evaluate past and present design and technology and develop the skills to think critically about its impact on daily life and the wider world.
• gain understanding of how Design and Technology makes an essential contribution to the creativity, culture, wealth and well-being of the nation. We use progression statements to guide our children through the curriculum, building on prior knowledge. The progression statement for D&T can be found below.