At Hutton Rudby Primary School we keep the CHILD at the heart of everything we do, as we provide an education which will enable them to be lifelong learners, learn about how to have a healthy body and demonstrate determination and individual excellence.
We will “prepare our children for life in the big wide world” by giving them the knowledge and skills:
• develop the competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities including: gymnastics, dance, yoga and swimming
• be physically active for increasingly sustained periods of time
• engage in competitive sports and activities, both in school and against others
• have a healthy mind and body
• work both individually and within team
We use progression statements to guide our children through the curriculum, building on prior knowledge. The progression statement for PE can be found below.