Yorkshire 3 Peak Challenge for Ukraine
At Hutton Rudby Primary School, we are appalled by the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Like many, we want to help in any way that we can, but feel largely helpless. As such, we have decided to undertake a charity walk to raise money for Save The Children. Several members of staff are going to be tackling the Yorkshire 3 Peaks on Saturday 14th May. This gruelling walk covers 24 miles and and 7000ft of elevation. We are attempting to complete this challenge within 12 hours.
Almost half of the people fleeing the fighting in Ukraine have been children. Save The Children are:
- Distributing kits of clothing and blankets,
- Prividing cash and vouchers to help families meet basic needs such as food and medicine,
- Offering vital mental health support to children and their families,
- Providing safe access to inclusive, quality education where it is safe to do so,
- Providing basic non-food items and outreach services for refugees
They are also attempting to ensure full humanitarian access to families caught up in the crisis.
For more information, please see the Save The Children website.
If you would like to donate, please see our Just Giving page.
Our pupils are also invited to take part in fundraising when they take part in a fundraising day organised by our school council (date TBD).